We believe now is the time for us to unite and pray fervently for South Africa.
Pray something like this: “Lord, Guide our leaders, guard our children and give us peace. And let that peace begin with me.”
If there is one thing we can probably all agree on it’s that our beloved country is at another critical point in its history. This crossroads will lead future generations down one path or another. Now is the time for us to come together and pray intentionally and practically. Of course there is never a time that prayer in community isn’t a good idea, but specifically now we believe it is a crucial time for us to take prayer to a new level as a nation.
God moves when His children ask Him in sincerity and humility. He can heal and restore and bring hope to our land in miraculous ways. (He has done it before!) but we do need to play our part. We invite you to join us – and this is how:
Our great intentions don’t always fit with our busy schedules. Even the simple, sincere intention to begin each day by praying is a tough one to carry out. The demands of life tend to creep into whatever time we have set aside.
Keeping it simple
We encourage you to keep it simple, and join us as we commit to pray for just 1 minute each day for South Africa, specifically. Whether you are travelling to work in the morning, waiting for a coffee, walking to the bathroom or brushing your teeth, everybody has 1 minute to give to this! All you need to do is set a daily alarm tailored to your personal schedule and then lift South Africa up in prayer. However you feel moved to. This is simple, easy and incredibly practical, yet powerful and effective.
‘The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective,’ (James 5:16).
You can join our #1minuteforSA prayer campaign however is most practical and suited to your individual lifestyle. We will be posting some prayers for you to join us in praying on social media each day from the 1st June – 7th of June. And from then on we will post a weekly reminder for you to continue your commitment.
Here are some ways you can be intentional:
- Download the attached Infographic explaining how it works and set your daily alarm.
- Pray something like this daily as a base prayer: “Guide our leaders, Guard our children, Give us peace and let it start with me.” – And then just add to that each day as you feel led.
- ‘Like’ the CBN South Africa Facebook page here. And look out for the social media posts each day between the 1st June – the 7th
- Why not encourage your friends and family members to join in too?
- For those of you living in Cape Town: Feel free to visit our prayer room in Westlake Business Park on Wednesday 7 June at 12:30 – 14:00, and join us for a special time of prayer for SA!
“Our prayers may be awkward. Our attempts may be feeble. But since the power of prayer is in the one who hears it and not in the one who says it, our prayers do make a difference.” – Max Lucado